Friday, January 27, 2012

Artwork of an Amateur...

...not only amateur, but perhaps, at least in its development, a little immature. But I'll keep practicing, and hopefully it will get there. I'm currently working on a pencil portrait of Anna Popplewell as Susan, and it is coming along quite nicely. I'm also doing a watercolor landscape as well as a watercolor still life, plus a pencil still life. Anyway, here's some of my better work (and, yes, I know, it's not that amazing. =D)

Meridian

Okay...it's not my absolute best work. That's still in the making. =D But hopefully it will be done soon...
This is one of my favorites. The bottom left is incomplete, as you can see, but I'm afraid to ruin the rest of it!! Very cool technique Miss Julie (my amazing art teacher) taught me. This was one of my earlier Prismacolor projects.

One of my first graphite sketches, done in preparation for a watercolor.


Watercolor. This was my second project in this medium, and I absolutely love the way it came out!! I also detailed with Prismacolor.

Chalk. Quick sketch done early in the morning on a gorgeous December day in 2010. Inspired by my front yard. :)

From an English Countryside. I had to re-draw this one like three times, and it's still far from perfect, but I love the serene feel of the landscape. Oh, how I want to go to England someday!!

A fall project in art class. Like all my other pencil ones, in Prismacolor.

My first full-color portrait. Looking back, it's not very good, but my goodness, it seemed like this one took ages! It was one of my favorites to create, but I think it took me a total of close to 10 hours!

This one took even longer. Maybe 12 hours or so, though it was completed in two days' time. The bottom half is the reflection in a lake. I can't remember the name of this mountain, but I found the picture online and was struck by its beauty.

My first watercolor with Miss Julie. This is actually the second time I went through the polar bear painting...the first one was a disaster! My sketch turned out okay, though. :) (see above)

My first Prismacolor project ever. After I did this one, I fell in love with the art so much that I went and bought 156 of these pencils! They're remarkable! (And I got them on eBay for $75, so I didn't pay the whole whopping $400 for them =D)

I did this one in about 30 minutes at a friend's house. Again, Prismacolor, my favorite!! :)


           




And, since I've shown you so many Prismacolor projects, I may as well show you the pencils themselves. I took these this morning while re-organizing my art box. :)

Verithin detailing pencils
So here's to art!!



1 comment:

  1. Hey, I didn't know you you did art!
    my mom got some prismacolors for wayyy on sale like $30 I think! but she never uses them so I kinda took them Over ;)
    I should show you some of my art sometime.
    Esther

    ReplyDelete