Sunday, January 22, 2012

20 books for 2012...

...alright, so it's not really that many, but it's a start anyway. I'm a student, and reading 20 books in addition to my schoolwork could end up being a challenge. Of course, I have several books already on my list. (See below). I'm aiming for 5 specific subject matter books, 5 biographies, 5 novels/poetry, and 5 theology/devotional/inspirational books. If your favorite books aren't on this list, however, leave a comment with a favorite title and/or author, and it will definitely get on my list for the year. ;) I'd encourage y'all to do the same. Reading is refreshing, renewing, and good for the restoration of the mind. It is also quite entertaining and informational.

Specific Subject Matter
Logic, by Isaac Watts.
Politics, by Aristotle.

Inspirational/Theological
Be the Change, by Zach Hunter.
The City of God, by Augustine.

Biography
Amazing Grace, by Eric Metaxas.

Novel/Poetry
The Count of Monte Cristo, by Alexander Dumas. I've made it partway before...but seriously, this thing is longer than my Bible!
Ivanhoe, by Sir Walter Scott.
Shakespeare's sonnets...or at least, some of them. :)

Let me know your suggestions!! :)

Meridian

2 comments:

  1. Well lets see. Anything by Francis Chan. CS Lewis is also a favorite of mine. I haven't read his Space Trilogy yet but I have heard it is good. I also like Ted Dekker. Well his older stuff. The Circle is awesome =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestions! I'll think about those...Francis Chan sounds especially appealing to me. :)

      Delete